3 weeks into summer of 2013, and I have yet to make a definitive list of goals to accomplish this summer. Let me explain. Every year, I always make a list of things I want to accomplish. Unfortunately, I never end up accomplishing everything I want to do on my list. But this year will be different because now I have a blog to keep me on track!
ha.ha who am I kidding. Nevertheless, here are my goals for this summer.
1. Read 20 books. (COMPLETED) As a self proclaimed avid reader, I’d like to think this is a realistic goal considering I’m trying to read 50 books before the year ends (Even though I’m 11 books behind schedule
oops). I will also be trying to right a review for every book I read. *fingers crossed* TOTAL: 24/20
2. Attempt and complete a Read-A-Thon Challenge (COMPLETED). I’m most looking forward to this goal! I’ve been looking up past Read-A-Thons and it looks like a lot of fun. This will entail daily posts of my progress or lack thereof.
3. Finish all of my summer assignments
before August 1. (COMPLETED)As a rising senior, I will be swamped with college apps in August so this goal is a must. For anyone who’s interested, I have to do summer assignments for the following classes: APES, AP Stat, AP Comparative, AP Lit, and BC Calc.
4. Write a post every time my parents go out to swim. (COMPLETED) This may sound strange, but let me explain. My computer crashed back in May so I can only go on the internet when my dad is away.
Hmm maybe it’s not as strange as I thought.
5. Read and annotate the bible. (UNFINISHED) I’m catholic and I’ve yet to read the bible from cover to cover. Crazy right? I’ve been struggling with my religion lately, so I thought I’d read what I’m actually supposed to be believing in before I made a final decision on whether to stay or leave.
Well that’s it. Five goals shouldn’t be too difficult… right?
I completed 4/5 of my goals this summer, which is more than I expected. I didn’t get to read and annotate the bible, but maybe I’ll get to it next summer. All in all summer of 2013 was very good to me. It involved a lot of studying for the SAT. but enjoyable nonetheless. It’s kind of unbelievable that around this time next year I’ll
maybe be in college. *fingers crossed* Also, I’m taking my last SAT next week and I’m super nervous… I’m aiming for a 1900-2000 and a 1350 on just the CR and M section. Wish me luck!