The National Book Festival is tomorrow!
err today. The three authors I am most looking forward to are Phyllis Reynolds Naylor, Patrick Ness, and Veronica Roth. There are more BIG names coming to the festival, but these are the three authors I HAVE to see. Last year I met James Dashner, Maggie Stiefvater, and David Levithan! Hopefully everything will be just as good this year.
I will update this post when I come back from the festival. Expect pictures of me fangirling over Patrick Ness…
As I expected, the National Book Festival was just as good as last year’s book festival.
Reasons why Patrick Ness is amazing
- He said “boobies” at the beginning of his speech
- promised not to write a random fourth book in his completed trilogy
- told me “Crying is healing” when I said I cried in A Monster Calls
- his sister has the same birthday as me
- has a wonderful sense of humor
- said “People can not tell you how to write. They can only tell you how they write.”
I also had the pleasure of meeting Veronica Roth. She was personalizing up until the very end, which was surprising. There were 10 lines for her signing booth and I was in the third line. Unfortunately, she only had an hour to sign, which meant the 6 lines behind me couldn’t get their books signed. I felt bad, but drew the line when people tried to cut in front of me.
Overall. the National Book Festival was a huge success and I hope to come again next year. Happy Reading!