In 5 days, I will be flying out of Dulles to Thailand for a month long missions trip. It feels surreal to even write this post. There were days where I thought, “God, I ask that you make a way because I can’t go unless you do. Here I am; willing to go where you send me.”
Going to Thailand has been on my mind this whole year, but I haven’t had much time to sit down and process the extent and weight of me going. I feel… anxious, inadequate, fearful. Yet at the same time, I feel expectant, joyful, thankful, humbled, and awestruck.
I am like a grain of sand on an endless beach. And my God is the ocean. So vast, deep, mysterious yet close and steadfast. I am so small in need of a great big God to carry out His call. Lord, I need you. And I am praying expectantly for…
- God to break my heart for what breaks His heart, during this trip. I want to die to myself.
- Communication barriers to be broken and for the Good News to transcend both cultural and language barriers.
- One person to come to Christ.
- Guidance as to give-a-year location and His will for me after graduation.
- That we would be a unified team sold out for Christ and His mission.